This is so unexpected. I, uh, didn’t even have a speech prepared. (name that movie).
Since I basically think I’m broadcasting to the empty universe, it was a totally happy, awesome, fuzzy feeling surprise that the HI-LAAARRR-E-US Kate over at Nested nominated me for an award! an award I tell you! because people actually read here!
These award rules are part chain letter, part email-surveys. Both of which I love. so I have that going for me.
First rule is that I nominate 15 blogs. But in order to find out who they are, you must stay here and read words that I type.
Second, I answer 10 questions posed by the person who nominated me.
And third, I ask 10 questions to those I nominate.
My questions! me me me!
1. Who was your favorite childhood mentor, and why? Mrs. Eames. She was my girl scout troop leader for longer than I am willing to admit. She was always so even headed, nurturing, and willing to set limits without being condescending.
2. If you could go back to school, what would you study, and why? I would either study medicine (perhaps in a nursing capacity), or photography. I was always turned off by science in school, but generally did well in the classes. I think I felt held by a perceived fear that I would be sickened by “blood and guts”, but I’ve realized that really isn’t true. As for photography, it’s something I love doing, but I never nurtured the skill necessary to be really great at it.
*This answer only qualifies if I could go back to school FOR FREE. This girl doesn’t need any more student loans!
3. What is your idea of the perfect date? Lately? Jammies + sofa + The Man + wine + Boardwalk Empire.
4. What is the stupidest baby name you’ve ever heard? Pilot Inspektor. (But I still love you Jason Lee!)
5. What is the best advice your parents ever gave you? Don’t pick your nose.
6. What is the worst advice anyone ever gave you? Don’t be a lawyer. You’d be terrible a terrible lawyer.
7. If you could re-live one day in your life, which would it be? I would love to re-live November 26, 2002, but only if nothing changed. I don’t need a bootstrap paradox on my hands.
8. If you could be rich OR famous, which would you choose, and why? Oh rich, obviously. I could take care of loved ones, travel, and maybe take some time to do #2!
9. If you could only travel to one place in your lifetime, where would you go?I’ve heard lovely things about Australia.
10. What is the one thing you’d want your children to say about you after you’re gone? Not that I was a good mom, or a good wife, or a good lawyer, or a good housekeeper, or a good cook (ha, like that would even happen). But that I was a good person.
I heart these blogs! yah for nominations!
- The Modfather
- Cupcakes and Curves
- Food Face Chomp
- Wrinkled Mommy
- Bear & Lion
- S.A.H.M I am
- Overflowing Brain
And my questions to them! You You You!
Why did you start blogging?
What side of the bed do you sleep on and why?
Are you a morning person or a night owl?
What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
What’s your favorite cancelled tv show?
What’s the worst restaurant experience you’ve ever had?
Liam Neeson or Morgan Freeman and why?
If you were able to choose your last meal, what would it be?
What was the first concert you went to as a child? As an adult?
What’s the best joke you know?