Every time I see my name mentioned on another blog I get all excited and nervous and want to go dancing around. While this is appropriate in the comfort of my own home, sometimes I get this urge at work, and well. that could be looked upon with some suspicion!
For the second time, Loki-Lou over at the Modfather has nominated me for a bloggy award!
(she also nominated me for a Wonderful Team Membership award, and I swear I have a draft post accepting that nomination from like, the beginning of November, but as you may have read, November was a shitshow for me. Maybe I should just publish that now, right?)
“A Liebster Award is apparently ‘an award given from bloggers to bloggers that are small to medium in size or up and coming in the blogsphere. Liebster is German for favourite. The award is a way to give beginning bloggers some worthy attention, make connections and let readers learn a little more about you.'” See Loki-Lou at The Modfather (quoting Dawn at Joyful Scribblings). (Aren’t you impressed by my lawyerly citation format? No? ok, then, moving on….)
I’ve said it before, but most of the time I think I’m just spewing nonsense into the universe and I love knowing that fellow bloggers come to visit!
And for the rules!
1. I must answer eleven questions that Loki-Lou has posed.
2. Then I must give you a glimpse at myself with eleven facts.
3. And then I nominate 5 blogs and ask them eleven new questions!
1. Who has been your greatest inspiration? Wow, what a way to start this out. I don’t know. I really don’t. I’ve never been one to idolize (well, except for that Leonardo DiCaprio phase I went through in high school). I can’t say that any one person inspired me that much to be the greatest. There were so many people who inspired me in small ways that led me to be who I am today.
2. If you had the chance to live one movie scene – what would it be and why? The scene in Gone with the Wind when Scarlett was lying in bed after realizing how much she loved Rhett and then he comes in to tell her he’s leaving for London. OMG I would totally live that one so I could switch it up! I would make Scarlett jump up and grab Rhett before it was too late!
3. What is your favourite holiday? Columbus Day! Because it’s always around my birthday, and I get to have an extra day off from work 😉 Plus, no pressure for cooking or buying the perfect presents.
4. What has been your highlight of 2012? Uh. Duh. Miss Vivian Eleanor’s arrival!
5. Where do you hope to spend New Years Eve? hands down, on my sofa at home.
6. Where do you consider the most beautiful place in the world to be? Not sure about the most beautiful place it the world, but Sedona, AZ is certainly the most beautiful place I’ve ever been!
7. Do you believe in soulmates? Why? Not really. Or if there are, you can have more than one. I think there are certain people meant to come into your life and who change you, but I don’t think that how that person will change you or whether you will be with them forever is carved out in stone.
8. What do you hope 2013 holds in store for you? All the normal (healthy family, happy baby, steady job), but really I would just love to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight!
9. If you could go back in time and change an event in your own life…..would you? Knowing that whatever you did, no matter how small an action, would change your current life forever. AHHH I’m such a believer in the butterfly effect. I have one event in mind that I would love to change, but if that meant not ending up with the Man, and having the Viv and the Luke and the Lacey, then I’d rather not. I wouldn’t want to risk it.
10. If you had the chance to achieve everything you ever want in life, but had to sacrifice the happiness of your loved ones to do it….would you? No way.
11. Who are you hoping to share the mistletoe with this year? I basically pre-determined the answer to that question on January 5, 2008 😉
MY ELEVEN FACTS
1. I would eat some variation of buffalo chicken and blue cheese every day if given the chance.
2. Lafe is a play on my last name
3. I have some pretty nasty postpartum anxiety. Maybe I’ll write about that someday.
4. I’m very intimidated by cooking. But then once I get all of the ingredients and put it together, It usually turns out ok. I still don’t like having dinner parties for that reason.
5. I oh so desperately want a mini-van. VW Routon? Town and County? Quest? yes please.
6. I’ve had three boyfriends and I married the third.
7. I am having reservations on the whole Santa thing with Viv. I’m uncomfortable with this huge lie, and I’m trying to think of a way to integrate truth and the magic of Christmas. Thankfully, I don’t have to deal with that this year.
8. I would really really like to have a bunch of kids.
9. I can quote Gone with the Wind virtually line by line. As I’m sure you guessed, the Man really enjoys that (despite having never agreed to sit down and watch the whole thing with me!)
10. I haven’t intentionally exercised since early September…..But I’ve lost 25lbs of pregnancy weight, with 20lbs to go!
11. I have been in my home’s basement a handful of time, but have lived here almost 5 years. I hate it. I hate it hate it hate it.
MY FAVS (of those who haven’t already been nominated!)
QUESTIONS TO MY FAVS!
1. Do you consider yourself a writer or a blogger?
2. What is your favorite part about the Holiday season?
3. Are you a cat person or dog person and why?
4. What are your thoughts on Christmas Card brag letters?
5. Paper books or e-books? Why?
6. What is your least favorite movie? and why?
7. At what age did you consider yourself the happiest, and why?
8. What is the most exotic vacation you’ve ever taken?
9. Do you celebrate Valentine’s day?
10. Coffee or Tea?
11. Where do you buy most of your clothes?
Can’t wait to see what my nominees say to those! haha
Thanks again Loki-Lou!